Sunday, 26 May 2013

Pleasant Poppies



Hello Crafters,

The 11th May was UK's Stampin' Up Training at the International Business Centre in Telford, Shropshire.

For the training you had to make your own name badge and if you wanted to make swops (swops are just the front of a card that you design and then you put your details on the back of and swop with others for new ideas and designs).  As I have had very little time to craft I only made 24 with the help of my friend Lynney.

I stamped the poppies in Real Red ink and then took my waterbrush and painted the ink over the flower (whilst the ink was still damp).  This gives the card a nice water colour effect.  

I enjoyed this technique so be prepared for seeing it at lot more on my blog.

Thank you for looking at my blog.

Saturday, 18 May 2013

Papillion Potpouri 3

Hello Crafters
These are the cards using the Papillion Potpouri stamp set that I cut out by hand as I didn’t own the punch at the time I made them.

I stamped off the remaining ink onto the card to create lighter coloured butterflies, so that the punched out ones (ok cut out ones!) stood out more, what do you think?
Thank you for looking at my blog.

Saturday, 11 May 2013

Wedding Card

Hello Crafters

It was my boss's wedding on 5 May, and I needed to make a card to better the acceptance card I made for them (blogged 14 April).
This is the card I came up with (sorry but the flower is from an old stamp set).  I saw the card in blogland and thought it might be just the style for a wedding card.

It was fun sticking all the pearls on the emboss crossed lines (I do enjoy the simple things :-)).

Thank you for looking at my blog.

Saturday, 4 May 2013

Wedding Words 2

Hello Crafters

I was asked to make a wedding card but slightly bigger than the one on my blog (blogged 14 April)..

So I made exactly the same card on a folded A4 (and this is where I found out that I cannot stamp with a wheel in a straight line, I tend to start off alright, but then my stamping curves to the left).

The only trouble with big cards is that there is a lot of space to fill and I found that there was loads of empty space in the left hand corner, so I inked some of the Wedding Words Wheel and used the print to matt and layer, using up most of that empty corner (result) :-).

Thank you for looking at my blog